I was touched to have been recognized as a “versatile blogger” recently by the lovely Jennifer Butler Basile at the “Chopping Potatoes” blog. Yesterday, she surprised me by recommending “Off Duty Mom” for the The Versatile Blogger Award. She could only select 15 blogs to list as those she most admires, so I am thrilled that she included “Off Duty Mom” as one of them. Thank you, Jennifer, for your kind words.
Many of you have likely seen these awards that bloggers give to one another to help recognize the fact that someone’s words have resonated or have impacted readers in some way. The idea is for bloggers to let one another know that when we take that leap of faith and bare our souls to the vast empire of internet-dom, our words not only reach people worldwide, but make a positive — and often permanent — impression. There is no greater gift than to know that you’ve touched someone’s life.
So, I plan to recognize the writers who have touched mine:
According to Jennifer, “if you find yourself nominated, you’ve been awarded The Versatile Blogger award. And then, you need to pay it forward” by
- Thanking the person who gave you this recognition
- Including a link to their blog
- Selecting 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominating those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Telling seven things about yourself